To ensure a safer experience with health care systems, patients should keep these tips in mind:
· Be involved and stay informed about treatments
· Ask questions and follow through on treatments and instructions
· There should be constant communication between patients, caregivers and organizations. You should be working as a team.
· Keep track of your medical history
· Have a family member or friend become involved in your care; they can help you understand care instructions.
· Follow all treatment plans as described by a doctor.
Be sure to visit the NPSF website and see what they’re all about.
Snyder & Wenner, P.C.