The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the FDA want to make sure patients are being safe when it comes to taking medication.
To make sure you are using medicines safely, follow these tips:
· Bring all of your medications or a list with you when you visit your doctor’s office, the hospital, or the pharmacy.
· Always ask questions about your medications.
· Make sure your medicine is what your doctor prescribed.
· Make sure to ask how the medicines should be taken correctly.
· Ask if there are any possible side effects.
Your health is important. Becoming knowledgeable about your medicines could save your life!
For a printable “Check Your Medicines: Tips for Using Medicines Safely” poster, click here.
At Snyder & Wenner we strive to keep the community safe when hospital care is involved. We have become patient safety advocates by representing patients who have been harmed from hospital error. If you know someone who has been seriously harmed from a hospital error please feel free to contact us. The Snyder & Wenner website can be accessed by clicking the "Patient Safety Advocates" tab above.
Snyder & Wenner, P.C.
Photo: e-MagineArt.com, Flickr